The Sphere Handbook, Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Humanitarian Response, is one of the most widely known and internationally recognized sets of common principles and universal minimum standards in life-saving areas of humanitarian response.
The one-day training is covering an introduction to the Sphere Handbook, the principles, core standards and gives an overview of the four technical chapters (WASH, Food, Shelter and Health).
This course focuses on the introduction of the Sphere Handbook and giving guidance how to use the Handbook and how to implement it. The course is addressing the different sectors as well as cross-cutting themes and humanitarian protection.
Who is the course for?
Implementing Sphere is designed for both program management staff and technical specialists wanting to understand use of the Sphere standards in international contexts. International experience is not required, though an understanding of international humanitarian action would be helpful.
What you will learn?
By the end of the course, you will:
- Be aware of the Humanitarian Charter and protection principles and how they apply in the field
- Understand the structure and content of the Sphere handbook as a tool for disaster response
- Recognize how to interpret and use the minimum standards, key indicators and guidance notes
- Input by an qualified Sphere trainer
- Practical and participatory training methods
- Group exercises
23./24./25. Februar 2018 8.30-17.30 Uhr
oder nach Vereinbarung (eintägig, zweitätig, Module)
Lena Bledau, M.A.
450€ zzgl. MwST (zweitägig, andere Formate nach Vereinbarung)